Image Optimization Checklist
February 17, 2016
Images may not come to mind when you are optimizing your website for SEO, but images are just as important as optimized articles or pages. To ensure you are making the most of your content, Geezeo has put together a quick image optimization checklist:
- File Title: instead of IMG_2121.jpg, rename your image using a relevant keyword.
- Image Title: Give your image a relevant title in plain English.
- Image Description: make sure you describe the photo itself and its context on the page.
- Alt Tags: add additional keywords and tags the picture represents.
- URL: set the URL to none to avoid broken links and duplicate content.
- Image Size: keeping your images between 500KB and 1 MB ensures a quicker load time.
And, because everyone likes pasta, here is an example to help illustrate each step:
File Title: dolce-italian-spaghetti-2.jpg
Image Title: Chicago Dolce Italian Spaghetti Twirl
Description: The famous Spaghetti Marinara at Dolce Italian, Chicago’s new restaurant at the Godfrey Hotel.
Alt Tags: Spaghetti Marinara, Spaghetti, homemade Italian, Chicago restaurant, hotel restaurant, pasta, how to twirl pasta, River North restaurants Chicago
Was this tutorial helpful? Let us know! Strengthening client profiles is what we live for at Geezeo Interactive.